Welcome to the Hatch family! The first thing you want to do is download the Hatch Sleep app from the App Store or Google Play Store. The Hatch Sleep app is essential and will help ensure you're getting the most from your Rest 2nd gen and Rest+ 2nd gen; while also syncing any necessary updates to your device. Don't worry, after you connect your Rest to the app during setup, you'll be able to use it without the app in the future.
Next, plug in your Rest and open the Hatch Sleep app to begin the setup tutorial. Keep in mind, you will need your WiFi password, a strong WiFi connection, and Bluetooth turned on in order to set up your Rest.
The Hatch Sleep app's start-up tutorials and sleep quiz will walk you through the steps to set up and customize your Rest. You'll be able to preview lights, sounds, and even set up Time-for-Bed/Time-to-Rise signals, Schedule Sleep and Favorites.
Along the way, our own Hatch sleep experts will recommend hand-picked combinations and settings to help you and your little one create the best sleep experience possible. We know sleep is personal and everyone's sleep needs are unique, so you can always modify these options later using the Hatch Sleep app.
Having trouble connecting to your Rest 2nd gen or your Rest+ 2nd Gen? Please check the following:
- Make sure your phone or tablet’s Bluetooth is enabled. Rest connects via Bluetooth during the registration process. Once registered the device will connect via WiFi.
- Position yourself within Bluetooth range (approx. 30 feet from Rest) and be aware that thick walls and doors can impede Bluetooth connection.
- Make sure the device is on the base and that it's receiving power. This will make sure the Rest is accessible over Bluetooth.
- If you are an Android user, make sure you have Location Services turned on.
- Check that no other smart device is already connected. The Rest will only pair with one device at a time during set-up. (Once you've registered and are connected over Wi-Fi, multiple devices can connect to the Rest at the same time.)
Check the settings on your Wi-Fi router or access point
- Incompatible settings on your home Wi-Fi router or access point can stop you from registering or updating the Wi-Fi on the Hatch Rest app. Make sure that Wifi is available at 2.4GHz on your network (Rest does not support 5GHz-only connections).
- Rest also doesn't support network names or passwords that contain the special characters /, \, or ". If your network name or password includes one of those characters, you will need to connect to a different network, or change your Wi-Fi name or password to remove the unsupported character.
Still need help? Head to the top menu to send us a message!